What’s involved in an equestrian mortgage?
When looking for any type of funding, it’s beneficial to deal with experts in your particular field. Equestrian mortgages are no different. Every equestrian business is unique and deserves specialist support.
A typical equestrian business mortgage
You could expect to find the following terms with a typical equestrian business mortgage:
- Up to 25 years
- Fixed interest rates for up to 25 years
- Bank base rate tracker/variable interest rates
- Combined business and household income considered
- Interest-only period for start-up businesses/new enterprises
- Lump sum reductions with low or no early repayment penalties
Whether you are looking to grow an existing business or are setting out on a new adventure, our service offering is the same. We are down to earth, friendly and dedicated to finding the best results for our clients. Not only are we specialists in rural business finance, it’s what we dedicate our time to.
In the equestrian sector we have helped to create, develop or grow training and competition yards, equestrian tied properties, cross country courses, riding schools, racing yards, livery yards, polo yards and studs, to name just a few.
More broadly we also help farms and smallholdings. This could be buying land, buying out business partners, building a house on site or securing a bridging loan. As well as rural business mortgages we can source asset finance for equestrian and agricultural equipment such as horseboxes.
How do we help?
We are with you every step of the way, from application to completion. We can also work with your land agents and solicitors on your behalf.
The process generally looks something like this:
- We do a high-level assessment to understand your needs
- Based on this we will advise you on the finance options available to you
- Once we’ve established that you have a realistic opportunity to secure the funding, we prepare lending proposals for you
- We then approach several lenders and negotiate lenders’ rates, fees and terms on your behalf
- We support you through to completion and liaise with the other parties for you.